- The “游加电竞 Cookies Policy” section of “Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies” has been updated to include additional performance and analytics cookies provided by Crazy Egg”.
Updated on April 27 th , 2022
- Information We Collect
- How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- How Long We Retain Your Information
- Protection of Personal Information
- Third Party Websites
- Sending you Email Communications
- Additional Terms for European Economic Area and UK Residents
- How to Contact Us Regarding Your Personal Information
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We request personal information from you while interacting with the 游加电竞 Sites, as follows:
- When you register on a 游加电竞 Site for updates or to receive other types of notifications from us, we will ask for your email address to enable us to send you the information you have requested.
- If you want to submit a manuscript or other research output to 游加电竞 for consideration or for posting on our sites or as a preprint, we will ask for the following information so that we may consider, process, and possibly publish your manuscript, in conformance with accepted publishing standards: your name, title, telephone number, email address, institution, department, address, and credit card or other payment information. You may voluntarily provide us with additional information to help us identify and contact you, such as your middle name, degree, preferred name, secondary phone number, fax number, position, ORCID iD (Open Researcher and Contributor Identifier), state or province, and areas of interest or expertise. Except for credit card or other payment information, we will ask for the same information if you want to be considered as an editor or reviewer. If you are a corresponding author, we require your ORCID iD to help identify you and connect your work to your ORCID record when an article is published. You can learn more about ORCID iD here.
- If you want to submit a public comment on our website, we will ask for the following information: email, first name, and last name. Your display name, which is auto-generated to include your first initial, last name and randomly selected number(s), will be made public along with your comment. If you request that your account be deleted, your comment will remain on our website but your display name will no longer be associated with your comment.
- If you register on a 游加电竞 Site, we will gather and store your username and password to identify you at sign-in and to administer your account.
- If we send you email with links then we will gather and store the information about the links that you click on in order to track the effectiveness of our communications.
Additionally, 游加电竞 may process some basic personal information about you (email address, name and research interest) that is publicly available to register you as a potential reviewer and expert or to contact you about publishing with 游加电竞 on a particular topic. If you do not wish to be contacted as a potential reviewer or for possible publication with 游加电竞 , you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will keep some of your personal information to recall your request not to be contacted in the future.
By generally visiting or otherwise interacting with the 游加电竞 Sites, we collect, have access to, store and use your computer’s IP address, the URL/domain name of any referring website, the time and date of your visit to the 游加电竞 Sites, and certain information known as “clickstream data” to enable us to understand how people interact with the 游加电竞 Sites, to analyze data for trends and statistics, to help diagnose and solve issues with the 游加电竞 Sites and our technologies, products, and services, and to optimize the performance of the 游加电竞 Sites. We use click view data to provide statistics on articles such as number of views and downloads. We also use session cookies, as described below. From time to time, we use software tools to play back user sessions for our internal use in assessing our customers’ interactions with our software, and these sessions may be linked to your user account. When we send you an email which contains personalized links then we will gather and store your name, email, and any link you click on, when you click on the links in order to track the effectiveness of our communications.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Use of the 游加电竞 Sites is intended for adults at least eighteen (18) years of age and we do not knowingly collect personally-identifying information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Use by 游加电竞
游加电竞 uses your personal information as described in the “INFORMATION WE COLLECT” section, to customize your experience on the 游加电竞 Sites and facilitate our interactions with you.
If you are an author, we use your personal information for the purpose of processing, reviewing, communicating about, facilitating editorial review and peer review, for publishing, and to facilitate payment of article publishing fees.
If you are an editor or reviewer, we use your personal information to contact you about your potential or actual role as an editor or reviewer, to request and facilitate your review and handling of manuscripts, and to update you on news and developments at 游加电竞 as it may affect your work with us.
If an author chooses to publish their peer review history, we make the manuscript review process available to the public when an article is published, including the contents of emails and other communications between reviewers, editors and authors via a 游加电竞 Site.
If you write a blog for the 游加电竞 blog, your name and biography (as provided by you) will be made public.
We may also use your personal information to assist with improving the peer review system and scientific communication, as part of 游加电竞 ’s ongoing research program on the processes we use in the course of manuscript handling.
If you provide demographic information to 游加电竞 as described in the “INFORMATION WE COLLECT” section above, then we usually collect and use this information on an anonymized basis so that you will not be identified from it unless we tell you otherwise. We will use that information only for internal diversity tracking purposes.
If you simply visit 游加电竞 Sites to read content, we will use information such as your URL and cookies to provide a good experience, as described in the “INFORMATION WE COLLECT” section.
We may also collect your name, email, address and phone number at conferences or events.
Disclosure to Third Parties
If you submit a manuscript or other research content to us for possible publication, we will send the title and abstract of your manuscript, and your name, to one or more potential external/volunteer editors and reviewers to gauge their interest in reviewing your content. If they agree to review your content, we will send them your full manuscript and any revisions and relevant comments you have provided. If your manuscript is accepted for publication, we share information about you, your manuscript, or other research content as reasonably necessary with volunteer curators and channel managers. In addition to volunteer curators and channel managers, we may share the foregoing information with journalists prior to publication for the purpose of promoting your work.
If you choose to publish your manuscript as a preprint, we send your manuscript to our preprint partner(s) for posting of your manuscript.
If a paper is published or posted as a preprint, the following information appears as part of the paper: author’s name, role, email address, affiliation, ORCID iD, any competing interests, editor’s name, and affiliation. The foregoing information will also be included in the article XML and syndicated to third parties. If you are a reviewer that has voluntarily provided an ORCID iD to 游加电竞 and choose to participate in the ORCID reviewer recognition, we will share general information about your review with your ORCID record, such as the year your review was completed and type of review.
If an author chooses to publish their peer review history, then the contents of emails and other communications between reviewers, editors and authors via a 游加电竞 Site will be made public. If you are a reviewer and provide us with your consent, we will disclose your name as part of the peer review history when an article is published and the author has chosen to publish the peer review history. To remove your name from the peer review history after disclosure to the public, you can email email@example.com .
- Vendors, independent contractors, and consultants to enable us to provide products and services, such as financial institutions (for facilitating payment of fees owed), web and technical support providers (such as hosting providers and customer service and support providers), and third parties who provide syndication and preprints
- Institutions or consortia, to facilitate payment of publishing fees on the author’s behalf, if applicable
- Third party workflow service intermediaries, to facilitate the performance of contractual obligations between 游加电竞 and institutions or consortia, as applicable
- Other publishers
- Third parties authorized by you to receive such information, such as third parties that facilitate the automatic update of your ORCID record.
- Academic research groups and third-party providers of tools or services that help inform 游加电竞 how to improve the peer review system and scientific communication
- To comply with applicable law, or as required or permitted by law
- Where it is in our legitimate interests, under relevant law, to run, grow and develop our organization in order to expand the impact of science and medicine
- If we sell any business or assets, we may disclose your personal information to the buyer of such business or assets
- If substantially all of our or any of our affiliates’ assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us will be one of the transferred assets
- To protect the safety of any person or to prevent any illegal activity
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of 游加电竞 , our staff, our users or other persons. This may include exchanging personal information with other organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
- Author’s institution and/or ethics committee and other third parties, as appropriate, where we have identified a failure to comply with our publishing standards and guidelines or to uphold the integrity of research in cases of suspected research integrity breaches
In some cases, the applications or user interfaces you encounter while on our sites are managed by third parties, who may require that you provide your personal information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these third party services or applications. We recommend carefully reviewing the user terms and privacy statement of each third party service, website, and/or application prior to use.
游加电竞 will never disclose demographic information, described in the “INFORMATION WE COLLECT” section above, to third parties, unless it has been anonymized or otherwise deidentified.
No Sale or Leasing of Your Information
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide services to you, and for as long as your account and/or registration with 游加电竞 is active. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
Requests to delete, amend or withdraw consent – non-EEA or UK residents
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your information from unauthorized use, access, loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. We endeavor to protect the personal information we receive, gather and store, by such means as password protection, firewalls and other means. We also require that third party service providers acting on our behalf or with whom we share your information also provide appropriate security measures in accordance with industry standards.
Transmissions over the internet are never entirely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via a 游加电竞 Site while it is in transit over the internet. Any such transmission of information by you over the internet is at your own risk.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
SENDING YOU EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS
Except in countries or jurisdictions where it is not be permitted by law, we may from time to time send you email communications regarding our business, products or services in response to your use of the 游加电竞 Sites.
For UK and EEA recipients, 游加电竞 ’ legal basis for using your information to send email communications is our legitimate interests to run, grow and develop our organization in order to expand the impact of science and medicine and spread knowledge in this field. We describe our legitimate interests in more detail under the “Legal Basis for your information” section below. Email communications will be sent on an opt out basis to any recipient who has registered or signed up for 游加电竞 services and did not opt out.
Where required by law, we may process your personal information for marketing purposes on the basis of your consent.
You can opt out of receiving such communications at any time by using the unsubscribe link(s) in emails we send you or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can opt out of receiving such communications by using the unsubscribe link(s) in emails we send you or by emailing us at email@example.com .
Cross Border Transfers
游加电竞 is headquartered in the United States, with an office in the United Kingdom and service providers both in the United States and throughout the world. As such, 游加电竞 and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. 游加电竞 will take measures to protect the cross-border transfer of your information in accordance with applicable law.
If you do not want your personal information transferred to the U.S., please do not submit any information to us or use our services. When 游加电竞 transfers information about individuals based in the EEA or UK outside of those countries, we will take appropriate measures to safeguard the transfer as required by applicable law, including by using of European Commission-approved standard contractual data protection clauses or following an adequacy decision by the EU Commission and equivalent provisions under applicable UK law.
If you do not want your personal information transferred to the U.S., please do not submit any information to us or use our services. When 游加电竞 transfers information about European Union citizens outside the European Economic Area, we safeguard the transfer by using of European Commission-approved standard contractual data protection clauses or following an adequacy decision by the EU Commission.
ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND UK RESIDENTS
If you reside within the European Economic Area or United Kingdom, the following additional terms apply.
Legal Basis for Use of Your Information
游加电竞 ’s legitimate interests . This includes:
- to enable 游加电竞 to provide our products and services to you
- finding and contacting qualified reviewers to ensure the high level of articles published in a 游加电竞 journal, as applicable
- contacting authors and other academics to ensure they are aware when 游加电竞 is calling for papers for relevant journals
- to ensure compliance with publishing standards and ethical guidelines and to take action necessary to uphold these
- for marketing to individuals at businesses/corporate addresses and to our subscribers, market research and business development
- for analytics, to gather metrics to better understand how users use the 游加电竞 Sites, to evaluate and improve the 游加电竞 Sites, and to provide 游加电竞 ’ users with this information, where applicable
- to provide information on 游加电竞 publication fees and other relevant terms with institutions or consortia, where applicable
- to prevent fraud and other illegal activity
- the legitimate interests of others (for example, to ensure the security of our website)
- to comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other internal business administration purposes
- if we collect demographic information from you (such as gender and ethnic origin) in order to carry out diversity monitoring and such information is not collected in an anonymous format, then we rely on our legitimate interest to do so.
Deletion of Personal Information
You may be entitled to request that we delete your personal information in certain specific circumstances. If you wish to exercise this right, please submit your request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an author and have submitted a manuscript or other research outputs to 游加电竞 , or you are an editor or reviewer that has reviewed manuscripts or other research outputs submitted to 游加电竞 , some of your personal data will be retained as necessary for 游加电竞 to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; for archiving scientific research; and for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information. We may retain your personal data for the purposes of preserving 游加电竞 publishing standards and ethical guidelines, which authors are made aware of before submission of any manuscript or other research output. Such personal data includes your name, institutional affiliation, title and email address.
If your article has been published or posted as a preprint, the following additional personal data will be retained for purposes of archiving scientific research: author’s role, ORCID iD, and any competing interests.
Access, Update, Data Portability and Other Rights
You may also be entitled to access your information, update your personal information which is out of date or incorrect, restrict use of your personal information in certain specific circumstances, place a data portability request (applicable only when we use your personal information on the basis of your consent or performance of a contract, and where our use of your information is carried out by automated means), and ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information where we process it on the basis of our or another person’s legitimate interest. Requests should be directed to email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint before a supervisory data protection authority regarding our data processing.
If you are in Europe, an up to date list of data protection authorities is available at https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en . If you are in the UK, the data protection authority is the UK Information Commissioner’s Office available at https://ico.org.uk/ .
HOW TO CONTACT US REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
May 22, 2018 update
August 12, 2019 update
August 4, 2020 update
March 1, 2021 update